• EconMan
    I hear different things from different people about Butane, so I thought I would research it academic style (no journalism articles. science only). All experiments I read were with pure butane, not "bad" or impure butane with unknown additives.

Concentrated intake of butane is clearly and severely hazardous. Rats subjected to daily overdoses of butane tend to asphyxiate, however rats who inhale at the relative slow flow of a "Bic lighter" for 20 seconds 10 times per day display no usual symptoms.

Flows of more than 40 seconds are significantly accompanied with migraines, dizziness, and lightheadedness. So for the heavy hitters, clean butane is a must, else the stats would be worse in reality.

What is very damaging is heat inside your lungs, butane or no butane, and there is at least some evidence small amounts of butane may be partially beneficial by actually cooling off a hit inside the lungs, given it's relative low boiling point. Regardless, as far as health, more people are injured with butane via burns than asphyxiation issues.

Anyone else know of any insights/info on cases where it's "too much butane"?

Some links...

https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb%3A%40term+%40DOCNO+944
    1. Are you comfortable with butane-fueled vapes? (38 votes)
        Yes, absolutely!
        61%
        No, at least not right now.
        39%
  • Dr green thumb
    I use dynavap m but I do not inhale any butane. And sticky brick jr in which I shoot the flame across in front of the inlet instead of directly into it. I also use butane that is 15x filtered.
  • EconMan

Yeah, my early mistake with the Jr was blowing in the torch right into the intake... duh... of course I combusted :)

Now I heat the intake itself for about a minute, and then FROM A DISTANCE let the torch heat get more direct, but not too much..... fantastic hits. I probably use the Jr more than any other vape.
  • Baron23
    please keep in mind that we aren’t just sucking butane out of a can.

We are burning it which results in CO2 and H2O as the products.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Baron23 sometimes though when no ones looking and the mood strikes right its kinda like a menthol
  • Baron23
    Baron23 sometimes though when no ones looking and the mood strikes right its kinda like a mentholTyedyesamuraiguy

hehehe...you into that Tester's Glue also? haha
  • Hammertime
    Idk I've been using my sticky brick with zippo butane for like 3 months now. I don't use it all the time but when I do my throat feels the same... just my 2cents
  • GhostMV1User
    If this study was done by having the rats inhale butane directly, yeah I can see that might cause some health concerns.

However, as @Baron23 pointed out, we are burning the butane when we use Butane Vapes.
  • standingsideways
    When I was a smoker I refused to light a J with a yellow Flame bic lighter, it ruined the taste and isn't healthy so I always used a match. I use a sticky brick to vape with regularly and think taste is awesome. From what I've read because of the way a jet Flame lighter mixes air and butane together the 1300 degree temp of the blue cone totally uses all the butane and only heat water and carbon dioxide are produced.
    Try holding a bic lighter yellow flame under a spoon and the bi product of the butane will turn it black pretty quickly. I have been sucking a blue flame through a glass intake on my brick for months and not a single speck of bi product has ever appeared and that's good enough for me.
  • Vapedude
    sooooooooo, if humanity starts using Butane as combustion, we will save the planet’s atmospheric issues?

Ahem....

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa okaaaaaaaay
  • Futurevapors
    Good business opportunity for someone to sell top shelf pure filtered Butane for us.

My personal view is, when I use Butane I find even though the :fire: is pointing down the intake, there’s also a lot of Hot Air the :fire: pushes through So you are not inhaling Butane.

I’ll be the Ginny pig guys, I’m Butane 247 and have been daily for over a year and since switching to Butane Vaping everything in my heath has improved compeared to smoking tobacco/weed, like cray heathly now, I have never felt or looked so heathly.

Slow your alcohol intake, Stop smoking Tobacco, eat heathly, exercise a little and vape cannabis when ever need for a crystal clear future :starstruck:
    dox91twa5y7dmyb4.jpeg
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    xnt6dk1iqg4c4al4.jpeg
    Does anybody else use this butane?
  • juxt

For what? If you just want to fill a pocket lighter, plug away
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    in my torch for the sticky brick. I have a few cans, until recently ive only used it to heat my banger. Its cheap and easy to get says its 11x refined. I still will be ordering some purtane i think when i have the funds to order a year or two supply lol.
  • juxt

Got you, when you lite a J with it, do you taste Butane when lighting it? If you haven't done that test do it, and if you taste butane, don't use it with the SB

That's a home remedy mind you, any educated person will have a scientific method that's better
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    oh shit i did do a grease test or whatever on a mirror and it didnt leave any residue. Just skeptical because its cheap and in every corner store around here. It seems to be good quality but ill be getting this stuff next chance i get. Blue Flame N-Butane Mix Food-grade Triple Refined 11X Filtered Butane Gas - Choose Your Quantity (12) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01ETZG442/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_..ghCbVB9DWV2
  • Dr green thumb

I like that butane it doesn't clog my lighters.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    ive used it for bho a few times in a pinch a long time ago. Im more concerned for my health then i used to be and the price concerned me.
  • juxt

NO BHO wiht this shit, I said smoke it
  • bigldiesel
    When using butane, a blue flame indicates the complete combustion of butane, yielding carbon dioxide an water ( no issues here). A yellow flame indicates incomplete combustion of butane yielding carbon monoxide, water, and carbon (soot), (carbon monoxide and soot; are things you don't want to inhale.). In theory, as long as you have a blue flame, you should be good.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    from thc anyway. aspyhixiation symptômes are what your feeling after.
  • bigldiesel
    Which butane brand do you use that is 15x filtered?
  • Dr green thumb
    I use vector and its 14x filtered
  • Ctipp22
    I don't like the idea of sucking anything from a butane torch into the material itself. I haven't read much onto inhaling torch byproducts, also there probably isn't much statistics to go off of.
  • Magicman
    I only use Doctor Dabbers' Mustard gas.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Ditto on the 14x vector
  • Gman
    Why combust ANYTHING these days??? come on people...
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    cuz STICKY BRICK thats why man. :naughty:
  • juxt

Restrictor disc ... NEVER COMBUST AGAIN

there's this website see called CuckFumbustion....uh, wait...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment