• cambob
    Title mostly says it all. I'm new to vaporizers and just want something that's fairly simple to use, Not too expensive (hopefully under $130), and a good introduction to vaporizers. Cost is a big thing and is the most important aspect for me right now. Thanks for any help or insight!
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    you say your new to vapes. Do you have previous MJ experience (smoking)? If yes, what were your preferences when smoking? The more info you can provide on how/where you would like to use your vape the better people will be able to help you out.
  • cambob
    I have some experience but not a ton. I started smoking in October to help with migraines, but I'd like something healthier than using my pipe. it will mostly be for home use but I'd like the ability to take it with me to a friend's place if I want. I don't have any major preferences though. thanks for the reply!
  • Dr green thumb

I would look at the dynavap m. This is a butane powered vape that is $75 or less and produces flavorful potent vapor. I highly recommend that beginners try this vape as nothing at its price is a better vape.
  • MothChewMoth
    with @Dr green thumb here, it's one of the best vaporizers you can get at a low price point, as long as you don't mind using a butane torch. You're heating the end of the unit with flower inside.

I also usually recommend the Mighty or Crafty as they're dead simple portable battery powered units, but outside your price point.

You may be able to find an Arizer Solo 2 in that price range, which is also an excellent battery powered unit. It has a little more draw resistance, but has glass for the heated airpath which is important to some.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    there are a couple vapes you could look into in your price range, but as with most things if you can throw a lil more $ into it up front it pays off in the end. That being said the vapes i would suggest in your price range are any of the dynavaps that fall into your price range. This vape is heated by a small handheld butane torch. You can find vids easily online to give a better idea. At $60 the DynaVap M is easily the best bang for your buck out there.
    I also like the Fury 2 by Healthy Rips for light use. I think it is currently $130, but IMO it is well worth picking up the glass bundle for an extra $20. The Water Pipe Adapter (WPA) makes for better bowl than the native Mouthpiece (again IMO). The reason being you now have an all glass vapor path. It really inhamces the flavor. The bowl on the WPA is tiny though. Which is great for lite useage. But if your sharing with others its a bit small. The other downside is battery life. It dies after about 4 sessions, but can be charged via usb. There are other vapes in that range i haven't tried but others seem to like. I'm sure they will chime in soon enough.

EDIT: Arizer Solo the OG is dirt cheap right now, and I love mine
  • cambob
    has anyone had any experience with the Flowermate Slick?
  • bum karacho

better do not use flowermate products, some users are not happy with them.
  • Morman Preacher
    Solo 2 if you’re not too concerned with portability.
  • martinstraka8282
    We bought one for my sister in law for christmas and its okay. It works and will get you stoned, but like all flowermate vapes, its an entry level conduction vape that's not efficient or flavorful. I'd spend a little more if possible.
  • acstorfer
    Run away from anything that says G-Pen! Actually anything that even looks like a G-Pen seeing how they are sold under so many names (hey F U Snoopy Doggity Doo Doo for putting your name on crap, so your fans buy them and get crap all over their hands and mouth, with the crappy taste going down their throats). Okay I kid, I kid. Well not so much about this. These things are just terrible!

You have some options at your price point. It’s hard to know what you want, and even harder to know what you don’t want. I love Dynavap! All of their vaporizers rule their price points. Boundless makes good stuff for lower priced vapes. While I don’t think Dynavap is sacrificing anything for cost, most others do, but that’s just how things are.

has anyone had any experience with the Flowermate Slick?cambob

I only know of the FlowerMate HybridX. As far as I am concerned any company that can produce that piece of crap can’t be trusted. It gets hot as phuck, terrible battery, terrible taste, terrible draw resistance, terrible smell, terrible temperature control, yeah I hate my HybridX.

Even with good lower cost options there is still the “poor man’s version” on so many of them. The Boundless CF to the Crafty and CFX to the Mighty as examples. When it comes to the Dynavap stuff there really is no comparable. They are unique. There is no “better” version. Well there are versions with better options, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty my Dynavap M produced as well as my Omnivap XL.

I’m not pushing Dynavap over anything else. It just happens I just finished a vapcap session and it was great. Rest assure after I have a session with my other vapes I’ll promote them just as vigorously, EXCEPT FOR MY FLOWERMATE!
  • Cl4ud3
    Flowermate and Boundless have the same parent company and manufacturer :grimace:
  • acstorfer
    Does that parent company make anything... good?

* I am such a freakin snob!
  • fatbiker
    Save up and buy a Mighty. It hits like a desktop but in a portable compact size. Best vape in my opinion.
  • Baron23
    yes, same manf, Smiss I believe, but why do you say same company?

Also, it seems like their designs are very different?
  • Cl4ud3
    I could be wrong but they have an extremely close relationship, which is evident with a few products, both have a Hybrid and the CFV/Swift Pro is the same.
  • Lucic and Chong
    I agree with the Dynavap suggestion, as long as you're OK with using a butane lighter to heat it. Otherwise Arizer makes great beginner vapes, you could even look into the 1st gen models to save some $.
    Another Dynavap vote from me. Then maybe an induction heater down the road if you want to get away from the torch. $60 M is all anyone “really” needs to vape and have top shelf results.
  • Baron23
    Since cost is a significant factor for you, I agree....get an M (preferably with Ti tip but SS is ok also and bit cheaper).

I hope you know that when folks talk about needing a torch...they are talking torch lighter or "pocket torch" (think cigar lighter) and not a real torch or even a hobbyist torch. More something like this:

STICK.120_TORCH-HNST-2.jpg
  • Deleted User
    This user has been deleted and all their posts removed.
  • MothChewMoth
    agree, pax 2 or 3 are great small battery portables.
  • Baron23
    Not too expensive (hopefully under $130)cambob

You can get a Pax for under $130????
  • MothChewMoth
    On sale you can get relatively close to that for the 3 (POTV has it for $199), and the 2 generally for $50 less (POTV - $150). I was just agreeing that it's a great vape, and IMO both are way better than similar convection style vapes at lesser price points. It's also not a huge leap above what the OP was looking to spend, so figured it's at least worth pointing out.

But yes, under $130 would be an AMAZING deal! OP should certainly be able to find a used one well under that if they desired.
  • Baron23
    ah, I thought they were more like $300. My error.
  • Deleted User
  • BestBuds
    I think if you are comfortable with waiting get on the list for a G43. You can get the mod and jhook for about that price.
    I am also a big RBT fan. He sells his stuff at VGoodiez now for US customers. If you have a box mod tou already are ahead of the game.
    Other than that all I have to say is if you get a dynavap remember that Butane, conduction, convection are vastly different vapes. If you don't like the dynavap don't jump off the vape bandwagon. There is a vape for almost everyone
  • McNuggetsTrip
    Dynavap is a solid choice for beginners. The only downside is buying lots of butane and a torch.

Link to a pax 3 for $180?
  • Baron23

I thought they were more like $300. My error.
  • Deleted User

That’s what I thought, as in no example.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment