• toyster
    Hi I am Toyster I'm new to the forum I just wanted to introduce my self. I have the omni vaporizer. I bought it around Christmas time 2018 because it seems like a healthier alternative to smoking. I like it but i hate having to repack it and go through the whole process so many times to catch a buzz. Just seems like it takes to much time and work to get my head rite. Is there a place on the forum to buy and sale used vapes or trade by chance. I wouldn't mined trading my omni for a battery powered portable maybe . I've been looking for an on demand portable convection vaporizer for a wile now. Pretty much right after I received my Omni Vape .Rite now I have my eye on the little bud Elite. Pretty pricey but I figured if I'm going to buy a vape I might as well buy something that's going to last a while and work the way I want it to. Anyways enough of my ranting hope to see you all on the forum.✌❤☺
  • Ctipp22
    Welcome brotha. Just keep using your device and read threads and watch the videos and streams. I’d say a great device for a small vape collection is the mighty. Great for all around use and goes back to back for a good while. For something better than the mighty there’s going to be a little more frustration.
  • fatbiker
    Welcome to the forum.

If you want to post something for sale just clarify it under “Buy/Sell/Trade”. Additionally, put “FS” or “For Sale” in front of the item description in the title of the thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about selling. (I buy and sell too much stuff....)
  • toyster
    Thanks I've had my eye on that as well. The only thing stopping me from buying another Vape right now is trying to decide. If I spend a pretty penny I definitely want to get what I'm paying for. Is the mighty on demand like something I can just pick up take a pull and then put it back down without it continuing to vape my product?
  • toyster
    Thanks for the info ct22 and fatbiker
  • John Cocktostone
    are you heating it low on the cap? Usually my hardcore smoker friends say the dvap is all they use. How many heat cycles and how low on cap?
    Also if you're looking for that combustion feeling you won't get it. You can get close.

Also look at the dynacoil if you are a concentrate user
  • BestBuds
    Rite now I have my eye on the little bud Elite. Pretty pricey but I figured if I'm going to buy a vape I might as well buy something that's going to last a while and work the way I want it to.toyster

If you got a Splinter and a P80 you would be at about $150 and that's IF you don't have a mod already.

As for the mighty, no it will still cook your herb.
  • fatbiker
    The Mighty is NOT an on-demand vape. Set the temp, once it heats up you will need to consume the entire dose. However, the session will be one of the best you will get from a portable vaporizer. The Mighty has been my go-to portable for the past few years. It has never let me down and always got me up :)

If I were to buy an on-demand portable vaporizer right now it would be the RBT Splinter. Seems to be one of the best on the market right now.

Good luck my friend!
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    Welcome. I agree with the RBT reccomendations. You cant go wrong with any of them.
  • toyster
    @ best b .I've seen that one but I don't have or know to much about mods so I avoided that one. Wow 150 that's not bad at all including the mod. Time to start doing some more research. Wow such fast replies you guys are awesome thanks for the info everyone!
  • toyster
    Thanks sbp
  • toyster
    Jcs I like my Dinavaps it works fine just to much hassle if I want to vape a lot. Plus I wouldn't mind having something I could use on the go.
  • Baron23
    Is there a place on the forum to buy and sale used vapes or trade by chance.toyster

You can of course use the classified sections of the forum for deal. But you may want to look at our own @to the cloud and his site. He buys used vapes, does trade ins, and sells new and used vapes

https://www.tothecloudvaporstore.com/
  • EconMan

Yeah, and as an economist I'm still as impressed @To the Cloud has the balls to do this as I was the first day I met him :cool:
  • Tdog420
    hey welcome friend!! Just an fyi i have a ghost mv1 or a rbt milaana i would prob trade you for your omni. I also have a bunch of other vapes im going to sell and would be willing to trade. I also have a working grasshopper i would trade thats on demand convection just pm if or let me know if interested.
  • acstorfer
    Welcome to the forum, not that I’ve been here that long. I have what is probably a stupid question. Are you sure the screen is at it’s deepest groove? There are three slots for the screen to fall into.
  • EconMan

Nice to meet you and look forward to getting to know you ! :cool:
    You'll find some interesting characters here -- I'm the shy/quiet introspective one :joke:

And will love to hear about your Omni experiences and tricks... I just got an Xl and then near immediately ran out of flower like a logistical moron :yikes:
  • OhHello
    Welcome! Definitely check out the live streams! Lots of fun and information
  • toyster
    Damn you ran out of flower Econman bummer. I can't remember when the last time was I ran out. The Omni Vape works pretty good I don't really have any tricks to tell you about econman. I'm still debating on whether I should trade my vape for another one or sell it or just by a new one and keep my Omni Vape as a backup decisions decisions laugh out loud. I'm kind of interested in the ghost mv1 that tdog offered me but it seems like it's kind of big for portable. That's one of the main reasons why I want to get rid of my Omni Vape it's small but not very convenient when on the go. To much to do to get a hit. I do a lot of smoking and driving completely impossible to do with Omni Vape I would love to have something that I could take out with me for a short drive on lunch break get like one or two quick rips in before it's time to go back to work. The whole process is just a big inconvenience for me. But I can't lie the thing does work great. Especially through a bubbler it's really smooth. I ended up buying the little Bandit off Sneaky Pete's website.
  • toyster
    Thanks oh hello, start52 and econman
  • toyster
    Same thing with the rbt splinter not very portable
  • toyster
    You guys dont have no chat here
  • MothChewMoth
    welcome!

It sounds like you're looking for a lot of different things out of a vape, and perhaps you may need to narrow your focus.

Portables are inherently that, portable. In general, this means compromises to load size, battery size, and airpath length / material. It sounds like vaping a large amount of material is important to you, so it does limit your options. As others have suggested, the Mighty is right around the top of the line portable and it's got a big chamber, but it's sort of a convection/conduction hybrid and absolutely a session vape as it'll eat your herb if you just leave it in there cooking.

You've got that awesome little Omni for on-the-go, but if you're looking for something less "manual" than butane and a small chamber, you might check out the Pax lineup. They're VERY discrete, very well liked by the community, and very easy to use. You can find them used or new for very reasonable prices, especially if you look at the 2 instead of the 3. If you really like butane and want a bigger bowl, the Sticky Brick lineup is stellar. I personally own the OG Sticky Brick and it's frequently in contention for my favorite.

Another thought is that since you already have a portable, you might look into some of the desktops. If it doesn't HAVE to be portable, those are going to really be your big devices that are extremely shareable because they can handle huge loads :rofl: I received a Vapexhale Cloud Evo and it's AMAZING. You've got easy load baskets (ELBs) to easily swap out loads and it's been handling concentrates like a champ. The Volcano is a classic that's the go-to for many, but it's pretty expensive. The Plenty might be right around what you're looking for...

There's a lot of stuff out there. See if you can find a local shop with vapes in stock so you can see them in person. If you have friends with any, definitely try to get a feel for some different ones.

I whole-heartedly agree with Baron's suggestion of @To the Cloud's shop. He's got a unique operation buying and selling both new and used vapes as well as repairing them. They've got a "leasing" option of sorts that's detailed on their page. Essentially you can "buy" a new or used vape and try it for a set amount of time for a set dollar amount. If you don't like it and return it for something else, you're only out the smaller "rental" fee. I traded in my G-Pen Elite this way and upgraded it to a Mighty.

Good luck!

PS We've got a Random Chatter thread where folks will sit and chat, but in threads we try not to chain post too much.
  • martinstraka8282
    I came here for advice on buying a new vape a few months back.

I now own six.

Don't listen to these guys, they'll spend all your money for you ;)
  • MothChewMoth
    haha yeah same, think I've got 5 and have used many others. I'm feeling very content with my lineup right now, but I still really want to add a Ghost!

@toyster I think the main point you'll get from folks is that there really isn't a great device that does EVERYTHING. You may find some that claim to, but then discover that they're really only mediocre at everything. You'll find the specialty devices really do provide the best experiences. Your key is to determine what your most important factors are. Once you have that, this forum becomes much more useful as we'll be able to offer very targeted opinions to try and match your usage needs.
  • toyster
    I don't consider the omni a portable. Sure I guess it's portable but not very discreet. I might just say the hell with it and get a Randy Rhoads vaporizer. Joke ✌lol
  • toyster
    I heard the pax was stinky
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube